As part of its member capacitation programme - the CINDI Network Office is developing a research and evaluation system for its members who are funded through the CINDI Funding Conduit. The initiative is funded by Rockefeller Brothers Fund and commenced in 2005 with the appointment of an advisor on M&E and has included the following activities:
- Development of a learning programme in basic planning, monitoring and evaluation for eighteen CINDI members.
- Development of CINDI Monitoring and Evaluation Handbook.
- Development of a handout summarising Monitoring and Evaluation for training within organisations.
- Organisation of a learning programme for CBOs on the project cycle with special emphasis on M&E in collaboration with the centre of Adult education at the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Organisation of a CINDI M&E Forum.
- Organisation of an M&E Workshop in March 2007 to discuss critical issues facing organisations who have programmes to address the needs of orphans and vulnerable children.